Friday, January 22, 2010

NATURAL SUNSCREEN

As I was reading through my Essential Oil bulletins this morning I found this testimonial so I thought I would share it with you.

Most sunscreens you can buy in the shop are full of very harmful chemicals and in fact it has been proven that they can actually cause cancer which is very scary.  Avacado Oil is a natural sunscreen although I am not sure to what extent.

Please do your own research and do not just take my word for it.  We are all individuals and if we listen to our inner voice we know exactly what is right for us so therefore it makes sense that we are responsible for our own health and what we put in our mouths or on our bodies. 

--- Extract --- 
'The most effective sunscreen I have ever found is ORGANIC AVOCADO OIL + LAVENDER essential oil.  I have always had skin that burned very quickly, and I lived at the beach in South Florida and now in the tropics in Asia .  I put a little avocado oil into my palm, add a few drops of lavender essential oil, mix with my dominant hand, and apply.  If I need more, I repeat the process until my body is covered.  Avocado oil also is very soothing and hydrating for the skin.  Other vegetable oils such as sesame and olive have more ability to screen out the sun, but they also stain clothing and have stronger smell.  I settled on avocado as the best all-around choice and love it.'

***Please note:  The Lavender Essential Oil is from Young Living. YL Oils are extracted from the plant without any chemicals and are of the highest quality.  I cannot guarantee the outcome or quality with other brands.  They may actually do more harm than good***


One of the rules I taught for Baby Massage is:  If you won't eat it yourself don't put it on your baby.  Well I also take that a step further for our family "If I wont eat it myself I won't put it on myself or my family" 
 

2 comments:

  1. I have always been one to steer clear of sunscrean. Ellie had way too many sentitivities when she was younger and i always felt smothered when wearing it no matter what brand i bought. I did settle for the brand natures own when we go swimming though, you can get cancer from the sun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a hard one isn't it - weighing up the effects of sun against sunscreen. Now that we are back in QLD, I am going to get Jordan a long sleeve swimming top and we also now have a system we put on our water which keeps the skin hydrated and one of the "side effects" is not getting burnt (great side effect!)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails