Thursday, January 20, 2011

A NEW YEAR

A New Year, new resolutions, renewed energy and remembering the year that was..........

It all seems pretty insignificant at the moment for those that have been affected by the floods.  For so many people the new year has been embedded with tragedy and will be felt for a long time coming.  My heart goes out to each and everyone who has been  affected. 

As in so many disasters the Australian public has risen to the call and needs to be applauded for the way they have come together to stand as a united front in helping those in need.  It is this commendable trait that will help get us through the tragedy.   I am proud to be Australian!

I leave you with an interpretation of something I read today

"In five years, it will be a distant memory"  What a powerful little sentence this is and I for one am going to write it down and place it somewhere I can see it all the time.  A little reminder that whatever is happening right now that is challenging me in one way or another is only going to be a memory in 5 years time.  I can hope that I will have grown from the experience and become a better person for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails