Friday, April 29, 2011

SCHOOL HOLIDAY FUN

I know, yet another photo of a snake!
Well what can I say, we have been inundated with snakes, so much so that I very nearly nicknamed our place "SNAKE CITY" but didn't want to bring any more energy to the Snake Theme that was happening here.
This is snake no 12 and it took up residence under my vegetable boxes for a couple of days!  I was wondering how I would cope with a fully grown snake living there and how I would react - would it eventually become a pet that I said hello to every time I walked past or went to get some veggies .... can you imagine that ......(well no actually (not if you know me))!

Jordan's school holiday's started a week earlier than other schools so we took full advantage of it and headed down to Caloundra with friends for a couple of days.  The weather was fantastic and what a fun time we had although I think a holiday was in order to recover from the busyness of it all.

We were in the perfect spot for it all - just a short walk to the boy's favourite park or the rocks if that was the choice of the hour and of course there was always the beach.  Back at the hotel there was a choice of the swimming pool or the spa which was big enough for swimming and warm enough for us mums to join in the fun.

 Jordan in heaven - he got to watch TV for 1/2 hour each morning

 exploring
 fun in the park
 WOW the pool even had windows!
 Bubble fun in the spa
 
Lunch time feasting
 View from our veranda


Whilst enjoying dinner at a local cafe, a gentleman came up to us towards the end of our meal and said he was a local and ate at the cafe most evenings and saw many people & their children there.   He had noticed how well behaved our 2 boys were and what beautiful manners they had.  He was so impressed and  said how lovely it was to see that he gave them each a coin.  Well done boys, see our nagging does pay off!!


Australian Three Pence

and back home we headed to a final Touch Football game and Presentation
complete with medal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails