Wednesday, May 18, 2011

MORE EASTER FUN

Last time the boys got together for a play during the holidays Paul & I made up a Treasure Hunt for them - the treasure being $2.00 for each of them.  Thinking they were onto a good thing, they asked for another one so I decided a Easter Hunt was the order of the day.

So taped to the front door the 1st clue read......
Open the compass & hold the gold ring in your hand
You want to walk South West from here for approx 30 - 35 steps 
then looking Northwards you will find your next clue 
where balls sometimes find their way but not always!

 2nd Clue - taped to the basket ball ring
They help flavour things and are all different
Head North East from here to find the next clue on the 2nd level
 
 this one proved a bit tricky but was eventually found on the 2nd tier of the herb pot

No stopping these boys onto clue No 3!
Heading down the steps you will find the next clue
I am where you will find wet or dry things on a sunny or windy day
 ...... the clothes line of course
Clue No 4
Find the next clue at the entrance to the "Secret Garden"
Well Jordan was off at full speed, so fast in fact that I didn't get to take a picture of this one

Clue No 5
Collect 5 weeds from the driveway and when you hand them to me I will give you the next clue
(I know, I know but I couldn't resist getting a little help with the weed - all for a good cause of course and I think the end prize was worth the collecting of the weeds)

Clue 6 - the final one!
It's netted and Easter Duck is keeping them safe!
 Easter Duck was found in the Veggie Garden sitting on the eggs keeping them nice and safe
 It didn't take long before the eggs were gobbled up and they were asking for another one.  I had a brilliant idea here "Why don't you boys make one up for me - kept them busy for 1/2 hr making up the clues and then another 15 mins of me searching for them and at one point I had to reneg on getting the clue.  I admit it I chickened out - you see it was in Jordan's Secret Garden but right at the back where you have to get on your hands and knees and crawl through all the undergrowth and for this mama all I could see in my minds eye was SNAKES!!!
All in all we all had a great afternoon and before we knew it, it was getting dark and the end of playtime.

Before we knew it, it was the night before Easter Bunny delivering his eggs
Jordan decided it would be nice to leave Easter Bunny some Easter Eggs that he could eat, unfortunately he must have had a tummy full because he didn't eat any or maybe he was so busy delivering them that he just forgot - oops!
 This bowl had a note saying "hello Ester Bunny! these Ester eggs you can have if you want.
There was another note saying "To ester bunny, hop you have a happy ester  Love from Janine and Jordan

Hope you all had a fantastic Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails