Thursday, January 21, 2010

ANT BITES

Whilst unpacking the car from a day out visiting friends, I heard a heart wrenching scream coming from the back garden.  My heart skipped quite a few beats as I raced towards my little boys screams which were getting louder and louder with every second.

Thankfully he had "only" been bitten by an ant!!  I say "only" because it was such a relief from the visions that were running through my head.  A GIGANTIC THANKYOU to Cath who was only just telling me that morning about mixing up Bicarb Soda into a paste to ease ant bites - such appropriate timing! 

Leaving Jordan with Daddy I rushed to grab the Bicarb Soda and after smearing it all over his toes, giving him a big cuddle and then an ice-cube to suck we had a peaceful little boy again.  The ice-cubes were only to keep his mind off the bite and worked a treat.

I also ran a bath with some Lavender Essential Oil and by the time he came out he was saying the bite was all better.  The part that had him the most upset though was the fact that a little ant with a red belly had bitten him and hurt him - Jordan will jump out of the way to avoid stepping on an ant or hurting anything in nature.  A great lesson followed in explaining how all animals great and small are provided with ways to protect themselves from danger whether that be a real danger or one they perceive as real.

.......and no doubt there will be many more lessons to follow now that we are living more of a country lifestyle.

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy! Doesn't the right information just have a way of turning up when you need it! Poor Jordan, and yes, I imagine this will just be the start....country living!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails