Thursday, April 1, 2010

End of Term 1

 The clouds on the way to school this morning (we were actually above them).  It was actually quite amazing, on one side there were all these amazing clouds of which I was only able to photograph a small part of and then on the other side it was all misty.  I loved the contrast and wish I could have photographed it all in one photo.

 End of term 1 - I cannot believe Jordan has been going to this beautiful little school for 3 months.  My how time really has flown and I am glad to say that when I go and pick him up I see a little boy who is one of the kids now, rather than being the "new" kid who was sometimes sad and sometimes happy.   The past couple of days have seen a very sandy and wet boy getting into the car - they have been building rivers from the sandpit down the rocks and oh my what a team effort this has been.  Its lovely to see all the children working together to bring about the end result - this is one of the reasons we chose for Jordan to go to school as he just did not get this being an only child as well as being home schooled.

Although I cannot put up photo's of the children in the sandpit making the river, I leave you with  a peak into his classroom (taken while the children were in drama and meditation) and wonderful area's surrounding his classroom.  We love the school with its peaceful and nurturing environments it encourages and although we have had some challenges with settling in, if Jordan is going to attend a school we are sure this is the right choice of school for us and Jordan.

The sandpit is to the right of the playground contained by big rocks on the other side. All this being just outside their classroom
Rainy day play area
activity area & reading corner
So much of their day involves music and singing (see the guitar up against the wall at the front of the class)
The mat area at the front of the classroom is where most of the group activities and group teachings happen.  They really only go to the tables when they need to write or draw.
I love this tree, the children have made it all in their art classes
(it grows weekly)

 The school bell - no electronic school bells here, one of the children gets to ring the school bell manually - start of school, lunch time and home time.   I just love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails