Saturday, October 23, 2010

An early start to a special day

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM

This morning Jordan was up very early so what do you do on a special day
Ring Nanny to say Happy Birthday of course.
(Just lucky Day Light Savings has started or it would have been a 5.45am call!!!)

So what did we do for the next couple of hours,
well Jordan settled down to watch a Dora DVD whilst this mama got some sewing done

 Jordan's Flannel PJ's for America
(just need to buy some elastic for the waist and they are all done)
 I can never tell the front from the back on home made PJ's 
so I overlocked a robot square and sewed it to the back - perfect solution (you probably all do this already)
I am also loving the overlocked seams
(I haven't been using it because I thought it wasn't sewing properly and needed a service but it worked perfectly - I am overjoyed about this, makes every project so much quicker and neater)

 For some reason Jordan loves our King size pillows so I bought him his own as he kept stealing ours :-)
Well the pillow is great but the price of the pillow cases is ridiculous and they only come in white!!  Mum suggested I buy a single sheet which was so much cheaper and now I can make 4 pillowslips with the edging already sewn for me and it cost less than the price of 1 - love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails